Saturday 26 May 2012

Embossing-step by step

Having only done embossing for the first time 2 days ago I don't claim to be any sort of expert, this step by step is simply how I created my tags. As I did not know how embossing was achieved before I gave it a go I thought this step by step might give a little insight into the process to those who may be in the same position I found myself!





Step One: Choosing letter blocks
.






Step Two: Writing out words...backwards!







Step Three: Fit in words to the frame and fit in blocks and clamps around the words like a puzzle, when finished the letter blocks should stay in place, you should be able to lift the frame without anything falling. I found this is the most difficult and frustrating part! 


Step Four: Mark out the edges of where your paper needs to go with masking tape.

Step Five: Wet and blot the paper


Step Six: Lay your label face down onto the blocks and sandwich together with wooden blocks
 


Step Seven: Put frame and block sandwich into the press and clamp together






Step Eight: Unclamp and remove blocks, peal off paper from blacks to reveal embossed writing

Voila! One embossed tag!












No comments:

Post a Comment